Church Choir Challenge Entry Form
Complete the form below to enter your adult church choir into the St. Vincent de Paul Chicago "Church Choir Challenge" and a chance for your choir to win up to $2,500!
- DEADLINE EXTENDED! Entry forms must be received by March 11, 2017
- Once we receive your entry form, we will contact you and ask that you upload an audition video (one song of your choice) to either YouTube or Vimeo
- NEW DATES! Voting takes place online between March 22 and April 5 to determine the top five finalists
- The five finalists will be required to perform two songs at the Friends of the Poor Benefit on Sunday, April 30, 2017 at Drury Lane in Oakbrook Terrace from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. to determine a Grand Prize winner
- The Grand Prize winning choir receives a $2,500 donation, and each runner-up choir finalist receives a $1,000 donation
- Please read the rules and regulations below and agree to the terms before completing the entry form
"Church Choir Challenge" Rules and Regulations
1. This contest is open to all adult church choirs based within Lake and Cook counties.
2. Contestants must be amateur singers or entertainers; otherwise be persons who may be involved within the entertainment industry as singers or entertainers on a part-time basis, but do not belong to any professional organization(s) connected with the entertainment industry.
3. Entries for the contest must be received by SVdP Chicago by March 11, 2017. To enter, a representative of the choir/parish must complete the online entry form below and you will be sent instructions on how to submit a video of your choir performing. Please note only one song can be submitted.
4. There is no fee to enter, but your choir must be part of a church within the boundaries of Lake and Cook counties.
5. By submission of an application and entering into the contest, each contestant represents and warrants his or her compliance with these rules and regulations. No contestant will be permitted to audition unless he or she has acknowledged and agreed to these rules and regulations.
6. By entering, each contestant agrees that SVdP has the right to use the names, likenesses and images of all persons performing for future advertising, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity.
7. By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges. SVdP is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
8. The challenge will be in two stages. The first will run between March 22 and April 5. Members of the public will vote for the choir of their choice on www.choirchallenge.org. Only one vote is permitted per person. An email will be required at the time of voting so that results of the finalists can be emailed to all who participate. The second stage requires the five finalists to perform live at the Society of St. Vincent de Paul Friends of the Poor Benefit on April 30, 2017 at Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace.
9. The benefit will be from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. Drury Lane is a buffet style venue, and as such, SVdP will avail 5 tickets for each of the participating choir finalists. In addition we will offer another 5 tickets at a discount - $40 each. Any additional member of the choir will have to buy full rate tickets to the event - $75 each. The final number of participants performing is up to you. You are also free to invite family and friends to the function. Please note that family and friends tickets will be at the full event price. Regularly priced tickets may be purchased at www.svdpbenefit.org
10. Contestants MAY NOT utilize live props. This will include musical instruments, with the exception of instruments that do not require additional sound set up. There will be a piano at Drury Lane for those who may wish to use it. Your choir will be allotted 15 minutes on stage. How you utilize that time is up to you but must not under any circumstance go over the allotted time. (Example: 5 minutes for setup and 10 minutes to perform.)
11. Contestants must supply their own background tracks on a single CD. Background music must be free of background singers; only musical instruments are acceptable.
12. Contestants may sing the same song as another contestant.
13. No changes in song choice may be made once the contestant has delivered the background CD to the sound person. CD's must be given to the sound person by 10:30 a.m. on the day of the event. If not, you could forfeit your turn and possibly be disqualified. For the sake of the other contestants and keeping the flow of the contest in order, please be prompt.
14. Contestants and/or their family or associates who exhibit offensive behavior during any portion of the contest may result in the disqualification of that contestant from further competition. Offensive behavior includes poor sportsmanship, bad manners and lack of decorum.
15. The order in which each contestant competes in the finals shall be determined by a random drawing. Contestants may not repeat a song they have previously sung in their audition. The same rules and regulations that apply in the auditions will apply in the finals.
16. On the day of the event there will be a Grand Prize winner chosen by the judges.
17. All decisions and interpretations regarding the contest, its rules and the selection of the winner remain with the judges, SVdP Chicago, its agents and representatives, and are final.
18. The Grand Prize winning choir receives a $2,500 donation and each runner-up choir finalist receives a $1,000 donation.
19. The winner will be selected, and then announced, immediately following the finals of the contest and after the scores has been calculated.