Thrift Store Donation
Our thrift stores offer more than a low-cost, high quality shopping experience for bargain shoppers; they provide an outlet for those with limited means. Each of the stores honor Vouchers, allowing those in need to receive free clothing, housewares and furniture.
Funds raised through the stores stay in the local community allowing the sponsoring Conference to pay rent, utilities and buy food for our friends in need who come to us for help.
For more information or to schedule a furniture donation pickup, please call 773.779.6700, ext. 1. Must have at least three large pieces of furniture for free pickup service. Furniture & household donation guidelines.
Smaller donations such as clothes and household items may also be dropped into one of our drop boxes located throughout Cook and Lake counties. Look for our SVdP label (shown below) to ensure you are donating to SVdP Chicago. See locations here.
Donations may be tax deductable. Please consult a tax professional for more information.
We are seeking:
• Clothing, shoes and accessories for women, men and children
• Kitchen/Dining: dishware, flatware, bake ware, tools, gadgets, small appliances
• Home Décor: linens, decorative accents, artwork, mirrors, rugs, silk flowers, baskets
• Furniture: dressers, chest of drawers, sofas, sofa beds, futons, recliners, living room chairs, dining/kitchen tables and chairs, cocktail and end tables, patio tables and chairs
• Office furniture: desks, file cabinets
• Computers, monitors, printers, scanners
• Exercise equipment: stationary bikes, weights, treadmills
• Luggage, garment or gym bags
• Bed frames and head boards
• Musical instruments (no pianos and organs)
Regretfully we CANNOT accept:
• Baby car seats, cribs, strollers, baby bedding and accessories
• Large appliances: refrigerators, freezers, stoves, dishwashers, dryers
• Mattresses and box springs
• Pianos and organs
• Large riding and/or plastic toys
• Stuffed animals and Toys
Consider a Bundle Event
Bundle Events are a great way for parishes and organizations to collect items for our thrift stores and Voucher Program. We deliver a trailer to your location. Your volunteers distribute tax receipts and pack the trailer. We pick up the trailer early the next week. Call 773-779-6700, ext. 1 to schedule your Bundle Event!
Please donate with dignity. Your items will reflect on the quality of our stores and show respect for those receiving your items.
Thank you for your generosity.