Can You Make A Difference?
By volunteering for St. Vincent de Paul, you can be sure you're making a difference for those in need.
For some, this is a chance to give something back to the community, to use their skills and experience to make a difference in the lives of people who need assistance the most. For others, it is a chance to develop new skills and experience in a supportive environment.
Make a difference in your own life too
Volunteering for SVdP is a rich and rewarding experience. As a volunteer, you will benefit from:
- The satisfaction of helping others
- Sharing your skills and teaching others
- Learning new skills
- Sense of community and friendship
Current volunteer opportunities:
Warehouse (Mt. Prospect) Must be 18 years or older.
- Jeweler (to appraise jewelry donations)
- Furniture (light-polishing, fixing scratches, steam cleaning)
- Shoe sorting
- Metal sorting
- Sort/separate Christmas items (presort before going to pricing)
- Misc. household items wrapping/sorting
Thrift Stores (Libertyville, Orland Park) Must be 18 years or older.
- Donation receiving, sorting and stocking
- Merchandising and window displays
Pope Francis Center (Chicago)
- Mentors to help people transition out of poverty. Training is provided. Flexible hours.
High Shool Student Opportunities
What's the next step?
It's easy to get started as a SVdP volunteer. Simply click here to complete the volunteer application form and we will contact you to discuss how you can help us help others!